Sunday, February 12, 2012

See Megan Run - 10 Miler & iMap my run app

So, yesterday was the first time I have ran outside in a LONG time. Like...we are talking over a year. For those of you who haven't experienced the difference between running on a treadmill and running outside in a while, there is a definite difference. My goal yesterday was 10 Miles. I wanted to get a 9:14 pace, but I ended up being about 10 seconds slower. I know some of you are cheetahs, and that seems slow to you, but this girl is trying to build her running legs back up injury free! 

The Running Recap:
- Breakfast: Slow cook oats with a dallop of PB and a handful of frosted mini wheat bites cinnamon flavored. They're new. They're divine. They're full of carbs which is just what I needed. 
- Conditions/Temperature: 45ish not too bad for February. Still a little chilly for my liking. I am a total weather snob when it comes to running outside. I get why it was so warm yesterday now...it's a blizzard today! I will NEVER understand you, Utah weather. 
- Attire: Adidas running tights/capri length, Dry fit tank, Dry fit t-shirt, Columbia shell, ear warmer, Aisics Speedsters. (I wished I had some gloves, but I was pretty good temperature-wise.)
- Fuel: I should have taken my waterbelt, but didn't because I hate running with it. I stopped at a tiny little grocery store and ran in the bathroom and drank from the sink 1/2 way through. So gross. I know. I also took a couple Swedish Fish to pop in 1/2 way through. Yes, I ate candy. I didn't want to open up a whole pack of shot blocks when I knew I only would need a little bit of a glucose boost. The fishies worked like a dream (and tasted great.) 
**Usually the rule of thumb for long runs/refueling is with any runs over 75 minutes you should have some fuel. For longer runs you want 25-50 grams of carbs per hour.
- Overall Feelings on the run: My body felt great. I felt like I had the energy to keep going and my muscles/joints felt good. For whatever reason I was bored to death yesterday. I think my route was a little boring which may have been part of it. It was a decent run though. 


I have a list of about 5 million things I want. On that list is a Garmin, and because they are expensive I probably won't be getting one for a while. BUT...in the meantime. I am LOVING the iMapMyRUN app on my iPhone.
 - It is free, which is always a bonus.
- You can set it to give you stats whenever you'd like.  I am always jamming to my favorite tunes when I run, and I didn't want to be too frequently interrupted, so I set it to give me my details every mile. I wanted my distance, time, pace, and mph. It was great. I actually did a full 10 miles, but started the app a little after I took off.
It also records where you are, and includes your elevation. I love this aspect. As you can see the first part of my run was a straight incline. Maybe that is why I wasn't feeling it? Who knows. Anyways. The app is cool for Garmin-less runners like me, check it out.

Other weekend highlights included:
- Seeing The Vow, which I loved, but apparently nobody else did.
- Lunch with my Co-Workers at Zupas...some crazy/exciting changes coming up with work that I will share.
- A night out with the buddies to Coldstone. Remember that place? I haven't been there in FOREVER. I much prefer my frozen yogurt, BUT if you are looking for a healthier option there get the sinless sweet cream with bananas and raspberries. It's good stuff.
Also... Do you think it is normal for a person to have as many pairs of workout shoes as they do regular ones?? I may have an addiction. I get it.

Do you use a Garmin? Do you love it? Do you prefer to know your stats for your runs, or are you just happy to be outside running free? Do you know of any support groups for people who have more workout clothes than real ones? Hey people...it's my job. (That is just what I tell myself to feel justified...)

14 comments:

Nicole said...

I have a Garmin 305 and really love it, it was a splurge and was my birthday present last year. I still don't know all the tricks but I love having it!

Anonymous said...

I stand amazed by your shoe collection. A-maz-ing. My workout shoes are quickly catching up to my regular shoes. I need to remedy that by buying more regular shoes.
I have a Garmin FR60 shich is relatively low tech but gives me exactly the information I need. I am obsessed with knowing my exact mileage and pace.

Melissa said...

wow, that's alot of shoes!

I have a Garmin 405, I got it as a gift for my first marathon over 3 years ago.

I recently won a new GPS from a race expo, it's a Soleus. I haven't even taken it out of the box. Now that I don't have a race coming up, I need to get used to the new one, my Garmie is almost dead.

Cody Sanders said...

I'm so jealous of your shoe collection!(and your organized closet!!) Nice job with your run!

ralcony said...

My laundry is definitely 80% workout clothes every week and it's not even my job! I thought the vow was ok but I was hoping for more lovey dovey. It just wasn't what I was expecting...and I do have a garmin, I'm just sad it's only useful half of the year, I'm a running weather snob too!

Rachelle Wardle said...

ha ha I definitely have more workout shoes than regular shoes. Like 5 times more and I don't even workout for a living like you do. Although I wish I did I love working out. Nice job with the run. You know what makes running 5,00000 times better? Running with friends. Yep you can run with me anytime......just saying. ;) Excited to hear your new work news.

Rachelle Wardle said...

P.S. I paid a whopping $50 for my garmin 205. Amazon! I am literally the cheapest person alive.

Stinsonian said...

I love my Garmin 205. It's seen my through more races than I can count and it's quite a few years old! Still ticking. The 405 is quite a bit harder to operate...FYI.

Suz and Allan said...

I don't have a Garmin but I use a different app to track my runs and then post to daily mile.

Looove all your shoes!

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, louboutin, burberry outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, burberry outlet, nike free, coach outlet store online, gucci outlet, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, michael kors outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, air max, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louboutin

oakleyses said...

jimmy choo outlet, ugg boots, new balance shoes, birkin bag, vans shoes, soccer jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, chi flat iron, mcm handbags, canada goose uk, insanity workout, ugg pas cher, asics running shoes, instyler, nike huarache, p90x, giuseppe zanotti, bottega veneta, valentino shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, canada goose, moncler, abercrombie and fitch, herve leger, hollister, nfl jerseys, soccer shoes, longchamp, mont blanc, mac cosmetics, ugg australia, lululemon outlet, ugg, babyliss pro, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs, north face outlet, celine handbags, ugg boots, ghd, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, beats by dre, canada goose, uggs outlet, canada goose jackets

oakleyses said...

hollister, air max, air max, moncler, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, gucci, baseball bats, coach outlet store online, vans, parajumpers, pandora jewelry, lancel, hollister clothing store, ugg, ray ban, thomas sabo, oakley, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, converse, moncler, timberland boots, swarovski, juicy couture outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler outlet, karen millen, ugg, iphone 6 cases, louboutin, louis vuitton, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, canada goose, converse shoes, moncler, moncler, ralph lauren, toms shoes, hollister

Unknown said...

nike polo shirts
ultra boost
yeezy boost 350 v2
hermes belt
longchamp
led shoes for kids
yeezy boost
pandora charms sale
michael kors outlet store
adidas nmd

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.9.2
moncler online
ralph lauren uk
louboutin shoes
salomon
ralph lauren outlet
fitflops
nike air max
oakley sunglasses wholesale
moncler
coach outlet